The golf line-up is outstanding. You are assured six fabulous rounds including a mixture of Royal Clubs and Open host venues. Right at the onset we will watch history unfold as we attend the final two rounds of The 150th Open at the Old Course, St Andrews. As we continue on our voyage we will experience some real gems including the Royal Portrush in Northern Ireland is the only club outside of Scotland and England to host The Open, having the honor in 1951 and 2019. Prestwick provides a taste of golf, as it was played long ago. It was here in 1860 where The Open was first played with just a handful of participants.
Azamara Journey, which serves as our perfect floating boutique hotel and clubhouse, is a mid-sized luxury vessel nimble enough to access smaller ports yet large enough to provide every amenity you would expect, from a choice of fine dining and live entertainment, to a well-equipped gym and full-service spa. Forty-four suites are available with English butler style service which routinely book early. Sailing schedules often include extended stays in port plus the occasional overnight which allows for a truly immersive experience. Better still, these cruises are inclusive of a selection of beers, spirits, soft drinks, bottled water, specialty coffees plus wine with lunch and dinner along
with gratuities for housekeeping, dining and bar staff. Azamara also proudly boasts two unique signature events on each cruise an Amazing Evening and the White Night party complimentary to all guests and consistently well received.
Every aspect of the golf program is fully managed by staff onboard and ashore. Your clubs will be ready and waiting at each venue. Tee times and pairings arranged and posted in advance. A convenient transportation schedule affords suitable time to warm up at the range, and to make the almost inevitable pro shop merchandise purchase. Caddies are included (excluding caddie gratuity) for all our guests. A friendly competition is staged at a selected course, with prizes awarded at our farewell gathering. A snack lunch is included on-course plus an open bar operates in the clubhouse at the conclusion of the round. Many guests are golfing couples but an equal number are golfers
travelling with a non-golfing spouse. Specially arranged onboard golf group social functions, to which all accompanying non-golfing spouses are most warmly welcomed, further enhances the club-like environment. The award winning Azamara Shore Excursions® program, offering a wide variety of off ship excursions, also caters beautifully to our non-golfing guests during days when our golfing excursions are underway
The 150th Open Attendance Packages
· Grounds Admission ticket to Saturday & Sunday of The 150th Open at St Andrews
· Transfers between the ship and The OpenCruise Fare
· Accommodation in the suite or stateroom of your choice
· Breakfast, lunch and dinner whilst on board served at your leisure in an open seating format in a
choice of restaurant
· An option to dine, at a modest supplement, in Azamara Journey’s two speciality restaurants, The Prime C
· Restaurant and Wine Cellar and the Aqualina Mediterranean Restaurant (complimentary for suite guests)
· Boutique red and white wines with lunch and dinner
· Bottled water, soda, specialty coffees and teas throughout the day
· Select standard spirits, international beers and wines at all ship bars during regular bar hours
· Gratuities for housekeeping, dining and bar staff
· Shuttle service to and from port communities, where available
· English-trained butlers for suite guests
· Complimentary self-service laundry
· Amazing Evening event
· Concierge services for personal guidance and reservations
· Drinks & any meals off ship | Personal expenses onboard | Arrival/departure airport/ship transfers |
Any non-golf shore excursions
· Green fees and starting times for number of rounds as indicated
· Caddie fees throughout excluding gratuity OR shared golf cart (as identified on itinerary)
· All transfers to and from the scheduled golf courses in luxury air conditioned motorcoaches
· Practice range golf balls where available
· Grounds Admission ticket to the final round of The 150th Open at The Old Course
· Welcome & Farewell onboard Cocktail parties with hors d’oeuvres
· Box lunch at each golf course with open bar for select standard beers, wines and spirits
· ‘Golfers Social’ gatherings onboard where scheduling permits
· Casual tournament format with awards on one day
· Management and handling of golf equipment by dedicated PerryGolf team, transporting equipment
by truck on road and ferry, to all golf venues, for duration of voyage
· All gratuities for golf related staff including drivers & golf bag handling staff (excludes caddies)
· Full time PerryGolf program management team onboard and onsite at each golf venue
Golf Handicap Limit:
The golf courses we play around the world offer varying challenges. Players often require to be of a certain standard to properly and fully experience them in the company of likeminded fellow golfers. We therefore set a maximum permitted golf handicap to participate on our tours and cruises; The maximums are 28 for men and 36 for ladies.
The included list may be subject to change in the event of any club accepting any conflicting national or international event, or for any other reason. Should such a situation occur, PerryGolf will endeavour to book a course of comparable standard, and all booked guests would be notified of the change and replacement venue at the earliest opportunity.
No transfers are included to or from the ship at arrival/departure airports.