Our hearts go out to everyone who has been personally impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19). Please know that the well-being and safety of our clients, team members, and families is our top priority. We are closely monitoring the situation and want to assure you that as your travel professional, we are in this together.
With the news updating rapidly, we are closely monitoring local, national, and international developments regarding the coronavirus and are adhering to all guidance we receive from Departments of Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Additionally, we are in close communication with our travel partners, vendors, and suppliers as we manage the latest changes, cancellations, and advisories coming through all channels.
To stay on top of this ever-changing situation, join us on our Facebook page where we will be sharing travel updates and advisories from the government and our travel partners. You can join us here.
We urge all of our clients to stay safe and to stay healthy, continue taking the proper precautions, and to feel confident that Skyline Travel is committed to tackling these travel issues as they arise.
If you have upcoming travel plans, whether they be for next week or summer or fall, you probably have questions. First, we are here for you and we welcome your questions even if your travel dates are months away so please reach out. We’ll help to figure out the best plan for your situation.
SHOULD YOU CANCEL NOW?
It depends on your situation. For most people, it will be best to wait until closer to your travel dates. All airlines and travel suppliers have different policies that are changing daily.
CURRENTLY, FOR MOST PEOPLE, IT MAKES SENSE TO WAIT
Why? If you have non-refundable flight tickets, many airlines are waiving change fees if you rebook within a stated timeframe (May 31 is typical now) or issuing a voucher (with a change fee) that has to be used within 1 year of the issue date of the ticket. That means that if you bought your flight ticket in January for the trip that you planned to take in May, you won’t be able to use that voucher for flights if you want to rebook your trip for the same time next year. However, if the airline cancels the flight you may be entitled to a refund instead of a voucher. WAITING TO SEE IF YOUR FLIGHT GETS CANCELED MIGHT BE THE BEST CHOICE – even if you’ve already made the decision that you’re not going as planned.
WHAT WE’RE DOING
We’re reviewing each trip in order of departure date to determine all options available for our clients and we’re updating these options as the situation evolves. We’re talking with suppliers and negotiating new payment dates. We’re keeping up on the information as it changes almost hourly. We’re processing cancelations, requesting refunds and rescheduling trips as needed. We’re contacting all clients with travel plans to discuss possible plans of action.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
Try to be patient. Talk to us. Allow us to help you negotiate the uncertainty of travel over the next few months. Stay positive. Work on your travel goals list. This is temporary. We don’t know how long it will be but it is not a permanent situation.